Friday, January 20, 2006

Preface


For the first time ever, I caught a glimpse of it.

I had no idea it was there, I never noticed it, never recognized it.

For a moment I could feel the faint touch of pain, like a real deep-rooted suffering. It was so far in it became lost inside of me.

I guess that was when I thought maybe everything wasn't always alright. I know there were times when it was okay, but other times it just wasn't.

They would convince me that it was all well and good, otherwise I wouldn't have hung around to take it. In the end I figured it out but by then they were done with me anyway.

I could only see the tip. It scared me to think how much must be there. The thought of letting it all out was overwhelming.

But now I know, I know it's there. I know where it came from, and all the time it took to build it up.

As sad as it seems, it gives me the most profound hope.